Across the Canadian market, the Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a broadly preferred selection for international candidates owing to the high paying and top-notch job positions offered in the fast growing organizations. In reality, a number of schools and universities offer business programs along with co-op and apprenticeship programs, which permit applicants to function in-field to bag hands-on experience in the selected domain. Additionally, the candidates learn about the new advancements in the industry, equip themselves with business know-how; get international exposure and cultivate their key skills so as to work brightly in the highly competitive business environments.
PURSUING MBA IN CANADA
Every year, an array of students from across the globe get enrolled in the Canadian schools and universities for pursuing their undergraduate and graduate research. The best five streams, where pupils majorly apply for in Canada, are:
- Business management
- Hospitality management
- Health science
- Science and technology
- Information technology
ATTRIBUTES OF STUDYING MBA IN CANADA
According to the market research, each passing year, plenty of students from all over the world use to the Canadian institutions for pursuing MBA and the demand keeps growing incessantly as the path presents promising career prospects across sectors include: human resources, advertising, information technology, finance, global management, health care management, supply chain management, and general public management.
The reason behind opting to study for MBA in Canada may vary from:
- Increasing awareness among parents
- Willingness to invest in the superior instruction to aid their children outshine and operate in leadership positions.
- Canadian schools offer you a right platform for aspirants to increase their skill-sets, get business know-how and learn all of tricks of the trade to operate fearlessly from the fiercely competitive business environments in emerging and developed nations.
- The MBA aspirants need not to worry about paying the comprehensive tuition fees, as they can just pay 1 semester’s commission to start their amazingly intellectual research expertise in the country.
- The list of high most institutes offering MBA in Canada, include: Concordia University, Queen’s University, University of Calgary, University of Regina, University of Alberta, Lakehead University, University of British Columbia and the University of Montreal, and so on.
Before you make a last call on the institute where you want to pursue your MBA, then it’s very important to think about few things to fit your requirements. Have a glimpse through the websites of the institutes to find out which will be an Perfect Selection for you with regard to:
Understanding course curriculum and internship options
Infrastructure and advanced facilities
Recognizing the targeted livelihood goals
Financial capability to pay the living costs
Other than that, the pupils also can Google out all the latest news and study reports to understand where the college/university stands concerning ranking, expertise, and success rate of the available programs, it provides.
Also, they must be sure that the institute is licensed by a recognized body also provides degrees which are well-recognized across the world. And finally, they could get in contact with the ex-students of the faculty or the university via a student’ss alumni network and discuss their concerns.
For obtaining admission in MBA, a candidate should possess four years of undergraduate level, which has to be equal to Canadian diploma together with a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score, and applicable full-time job experience.
In the event of a foreign student, who’s not a native speaker, has to clear language proficiency test by appearing in International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination. Once they fulfill all of the admission requirements, applicants can quickly apply for a study permit to Canada, which they can receive in a span of just five weeks.
After completing MBA from a Canadian University, the offender could explore a horde of job prospects in Canada and in their home state as well. Towards the end, I feel that pursuing MBA in Canada delivers the best of the career prospects for the aspiring applicants. The candidates become industry-ready with a fairly enhanced skill sets at the selected area. Additionally, MBA graduates can further apply for the leadership positions at the renowned associations and operate successfully in the highly demanding industries and varied work cultures.
Still confused and stressed!!! Forget everything and just visit us.
5 Reasons to Receive Your MBA in Canada
- Canada is an ideal option for international students. The country welcomes 90,000 international students each year and graduates are eligible for a work permit post-graduation that normally lasts for an quantity of time equivalent to the program length of study, up to 3 decades.
- Canada has been a pioneer in business education — the first MBA program outside the U.S. was launched in 1948 in Western University’s Ivey Business School.
- In 2016, Forbes called Canada the 10th greatest nation in the entire world for business, beating out economic powerhouses such as the U.S., China, Singapore and Australia. QS TopMBA also ranked it as the #4 country for quantity of jobs for MBA graduates.
- When compared to other MBA program-hotspots like Hong Kong, Singapore and the U.S., Canada boasts an inexpensive cost of living and higher quality of life.
- The country has several major metro areas to operate in post-MBA. Canada’s largest city, Toronto, was recently recognized as the most diverse city on earth — 51% of its population had been born outside of Canada.
Working in Canada and Post-MBA Career Opportunities
Visa — Graduates from MBA programs are eligible for a work permit equivalent to their length of study and up to 3 years, depending on the faculty. For instance, Rotman and Schulich provide 3-year work permits despite having shorter program lengths. Generally, Canada has favorable immigration policies and is always rated highly in its own attitude toward immigrants.
Taxes — Income tax rates range from 15-33%. Rotman is consistently ranked as one of Canada’s top MBA programs. It is also a finance powerhouse, with almost half of its graduates landing jobs in the competitive industry. The program is known for its case analysis approach — during the 12-month program students study more than 300 cases.
Queen’s University — Smith School of Business MBA — Queen’s MBA application puts a huge emphasis on collaboration — students are assigned a staff at the onset of the program they work with during the 12-month program. Employers appear to enjoy this approach — 98 percent of the Class of 2016 was employed within six months of graduation.
York University — Schulich School of Business MBA — Schulich is excellent for a student seeking to personalize his or her MBA experience. There are two intakes in January and September, and students may complete the MBA in 16 or 20 months. The program includes 20 specializations, many global experiential learning opportunities, multiple full- and part-time program options, and culminates in an 8-month field research project where pupils work with a real client.
McGill University — Desautels Faculty of Management MBA — McGill University is one of Canada’s most prestigious universities, also Desautels steps up to the institution’s impressive reputation. It is situated in one of the country’s most student-friendly cities also emphasizes experiential learning during the 2-year program.
University of British Columbia, Vancouver — Sauder School of Management MBA — The University of British Columbia, is a public research university and British Columbia’s oldest institution of higher learning. Sauder’s MBA cohort includes a huge international student population and it boasts a prestigious venture with Yale University. It is also one of the only MBA programs in Vancouver, Canada’s third-largest city. It also boasts several world-class cities, including Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
Industry — Canada delivers a range of opportunities for MBA grads seeking to pursue a career in the financial sector. Especially, Toronto is the 4th biggest city in North America along with the banking sector has a strong presence. The country’s”Big Five” banks — the Bank of Montreal, the Bank of Nova Scotia, the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, the Royal Bank of Canada, and Toronto-Dominion Bank — are all located in town. Manufacturing, energy, building and real estate are other large industries in Canada. Popular businesses for MBA grads include technology and consulting.